Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons barbecue sauce (use a rich flavor not a sweet one)
- 1 (1 ounce) bag barbecue potato chips, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices cheese slices (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except the cheese. Form the meat mixture into 6 patties.
- Cook the patties on the grill until no longer pink in the middle.
- Top with cheese slices, if using. Remove from the grill once the cheese is melted.
What a fantastic idea! I, like other reviewers felt there was a little seasoning missing, but they still tasted great. Love the addition of chips and barbecue sauce to the actual patty; made a nice change to breadcrumbs and egg as binders!
We couldn't taste the chips in these burgers. We may add more next time. We felt that some seasoning were missing. After reading Diner's review, worcestershire would be great. Thanks Nasseh :) Made for Holiday tag game
Yum! I was surprised how much barbecue taste these had. Simple and good. Thanks Nasseh for a nice meal. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.