Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 1/2 cup serving: 241 calories, 5.1 g fat, 10.4 g protein, 41.3 g carb, 4.2 g fiber, 9.2 mg cholesterol.
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- Stir/saute the chorizo sausage in a big saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno to the pan; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the ketchup and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add in the chorizo and beans; stir to combine.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.