Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy for a weeknight quick dinner. Kids love this and moms do too for the ease of preparation.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in butter in skillet, stir frequently and then drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except buns of course; mix well.
- Simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Serve on buns.
I made this tonight but did not add the butter to cook the meat in. Other than that change I made this as directed. I doubled the recipe and found that it needed about 7 minutes extra to thicken up. This was a good dish that was fast to get on the table. Thanks for the recipe.