Recipe by KLBoyle
Another favorite mom recipe. This sauce is tangy and sweet. Best served on a hot crusty roll with potato salad and cole slaw. If roast does not make 2 cups of liquid, use beef broth.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made as is minus the red pepper flakes and it was amazing!! The sauce had a great flavor and I added all the juice the roat made so it would be a little juicy/messy. Made for PRMR.
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast (reserve 2 cups juice from roast)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook roast at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Saute garlic in butter over med. heat about 2-3 minute.
- Add next 7 ingredients and continue cooking over med. heat until sugar is melted and everything is combined well.
- When roast is done, shred beef and add to skillet. Combine well so all beef is covered with sauce.
- Let simmer 20 minute.
- Spoon onto rolls and serve.