Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband prepared this, and it turned out great, even though he's not much of a cook. From the 4-H cookbook.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut steak into strips.
- Combine next 9 ingredients in a large bowl to make a marinade.
- Add beef strips, stir, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain beef strips, reserving marinade.
- In a hot skillet, brown the beef strips for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, tomato sauce, and cornstarch with reserved marinade.
- Pour over beef strips and stir.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on a bun or over rice.
Definitely a winner! I used fresh garlic because I didn't have any garlic salt. I served this on herb crostini buns with a side of french fries. Absolutely delicious!
Wow your hubby sure picked a winner. This was a HUGE hit at my house. Look forward to making this many times. It was very easy to do, though I didn't have time to marinade it the full 6 hours, it turned out delicious.