Recipe by Tearanii
They are perfect on a warm summer day when it's too hot to fuss with cooking. Serve them with your favorite picnic foods and you'll have a spectacular meal everyone will love.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Cut the recipe in half and used a small beef roast I had in the freezer. This was a perfect use for it. Smelled heavenly and tasted the same. My crock pot is out of commision right now, so cooked it on the stove top. Brought the liquid up to a nice fast simmer, covered the pot and turned the heat down to almost nothing. Was tempted to lift the lid, but didn't. Cooked for 5 hours. Came out perfect. Thnx for posting, Tearanii. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008
- 3 lbs beef brisket or 3 lbs beef roast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 12 kaiser rolls or 12 large hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from brisket.
- Cut brisket, if necessary, to fit in a 3-1/2 to 4-quart crock pot.
- Add water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low setting 10 to 12 hours, or on high setting 4 to 5 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, remove the meat from the crock pot.
- Discard cooking liquid.
- Using two forks to pull, shred meat return to crock pot.
- Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on high setting 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on rolls or hamburger buns.