Recipe by sassyheart
This is wonderful melt in your mouth Shredded beef! We always make more than enough and eat the leftovers for days. This is great for having a group of people over and letting them serve themselves form the crock pot. You can combine the ingredients in a ziploc bag and freeze ahead if you like.
- 2 -3 lbs roast (chuck or rump are my favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) canof sweet baby ray's original barbecue sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke (I use vanilla coke)
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 12 rolls or 12 French baguettes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chuck roast in the crock pot. pour the can of coke over the roast, sprinkle the onion salt on top of the roast add the minced garlic and then smother the whole thing with barbecue sauce.
- Cook it on low for 8 - 10 hours. the meat will practically shred itself when you insert a fork into it. Just continue to move the fork around and mix the meat completely with the sauce.