Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is wonderful melt in your mouth Shredded beef! We always make more than enough and eat the leftovers for days. This is great for having a group of people over and letting them serve themselves form the crock pot. You can combine the ingredients in a ziploc bag and freeze ahead if you like.
- 2 -3 lbs roast (chuck or rump are my favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) canof sweet baby ray's original barbecue sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke (I use vanilla coke)
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 12 rolls or 12 French baguettes
- Put the chuck roast in the crock pot. pour the can of coke over the roast, sprinkle the onion salt on top of the roast add the minced garlic and then smother the whole thing with barbecue sauce.
- Cook it on low for 8 - 10 hours. the meat will practically shred itself when you insert a fork into it. Just continue to move the fork around and mix the meat completely with the sauce.
So easy and yummy. I have made it about 5 times and keep forgetting to review it. My husband and I both love it! It is a crockpot staple in my house.
I love Sweet Baby Rays. I used chuck roast and it turned out super tender and delicious. I portioned out 2 cup servings of the leftovers in zip seal bags for the freezer to serve over noodles or rice for quick meals. Thanks for another great recipe to add to my OAMC recipe rotation. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.