Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was my grandma's. She clipped it out of a newspaper. I don't remember her ever making it but my mom has. My mom has added green peppers to this but I don't know how much. She says that she also sautes the onion and green pepper to speed up the cooking time.
- 2 cups beef, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 10 drops hot sauce
- Place meat in a sauce pan.
- Mix the rest of ingredients. Add to meat.
- Add 1/2c water or less to almost cover the meat.
- Simmer until onions are done.
- You can either simmer off the water or thicken with flour if it's to runny.
- Serve on buns.
FALL PAC 2008: Cathy - this beef was really tasty!! I like the BBQ sauce that the ingredients make - really good!!