Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A wonderful crock pot recipe, especially good in the wintertime after a long day of playing in the snow. From my Grandma-in-law.
- 3 lbs rump roast
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more, if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Coat meat with flour and set aside.
- In crock pot, combine remaining ingredients.
- Place meat in crock pot and turn to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Slice or shred meat into small pieces.
- Mix into sauce.
- Serve on rolls.
The sauce was good not great.
This is marvelous. I made it overnight, and in the morning took out the beef and shredded it, removing the small visible bits of fat. I then put the beef and sauce in the fridge. Before re-heating for dinner, I removed the layer of fat that had formed in the bowl upon refrigeration. This way it was as healthy as possible, and the sauce combination is super delicious.
Very good recipe. I used a blade pot roast, cooked it for about 10 hours then shredded it and served it over a bun. The leftovers were great in a tortilla two days later!! Well worth trying.