Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful hearty bean dish!
Top Review by Pam #5
We absolutely loved this dish! It made way more than I thought, so I'm looking forward to having leftovers tonight for supper. I'm not sure what butter beans are, so I used romano beans, but other than that, I followed the recipe exact. It thickened up very nice with time. I will definately make this recipe again.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dryed chili flakes (or to taste)
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (can use more)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a Dutch oven brown the beef with onion, garlic and chili flakes, stirring with a wooden spoon to crumble the beef.
- Cook beef until no longer pink; drain fat.
- Stir in bacon and all remaining ingredients; heat until simmering, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Transfer into prepared baking dish.
- At this point you can chill for a minimum of 8 hours and then bake later.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.