Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a my version of a soup recipe I got from wife2abadge. It's easy to make and requires minimal prep.
- 1⁄4 cup dried red beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried black beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried great northern beans or 1⁄4 cup navy beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1⁄4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried baby lima beans
- 1⁄4 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄4 cup dried split peas
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (My DH prefers Sweet Baby Ray's, but you can use whichever type and brand you like)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 cup rotini pasta (optional)
- Hydrate and rinse beans (a bag of 15 bean soup can be used in place of the dry beans listed) according to package instructions. (note: split peas and lentils do not need to be hydrated)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except pasta. (If using 15 bean soup mix do not add seasoning packet to slow cooker until the last 30 min of cook time.).
- Stir mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or until beans are tender. Add pasta, if desired, in the last 15-30 minutes of cook time.