Recipe by Rutecki Family
This is similar to other bean bake recipes, but with a heavier dose of mustard and molasses. My memory is of a sweet and tangy sauce, perfect for a family gathering.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, bacon and onion. Drain excess fat.
- Combine and add all other ingredients except beans; stir well.
- Add beans and combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Can be cooked on top of stove, rather than baked. Recipe can be doubled for large group.