1/1 Photo of Barbecue /Bbq Mushroom and Green Bean Salad
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This salad serves 8 as a side dish & is delish! It tastes of earthy goodness. The photo you see is of half the recipe + extra spinach. I prepared the mushrooms in a frying pan for convenience' sake and served the salad with a baked potato. Next time, I think we'll add some garlic to the marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine oil, lemon juice, caster sugar, thyme leaves and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 2Set aside 2 tblsp dressing to add later.
- 3Add mushrooms to the large bowl and stir gently to combine, then cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile cook beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes, until bright green.
- 5Drain and refresh in cold water, allow to drain & come to room temp, and cut into thirds.
- 6Preheat barbecue plate on high.
- 7Cook the mushrooms, turning occasionally for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from bbq plate and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 8Meanwhile, combine beans, tomatoes, spinach (or rocket) and parmesan in a large bowl.
- 9Add the reserved dressing, mushrooms, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue /Bbq Mushroom and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 131.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g