Recipe by sprinkledpink
A moister, more flavorful version of meatloaf.
Top Review by JMMOELLER
This was good, but I thought it needed a little more excitement. I will make it again, but I will add some green peppers and a bit more BBQ sauce to the meatloaf. I will also use garlic powder instead of crushed. I thought the garlic gave it a weird tinge, but I did use garlic in a jar, so that may be the problem.
- 1 1⁄2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed, approx. 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces lean ground beef or 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Spray an 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mashed Potatoes: Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan; boil for 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain and mash well.
- In a nonstick skillet spayed with cooking spray, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Stir onions into potatoes along with sour cream, olive oil, garlic, basil leaves and salt. Mix together until combined.
- Meatloaf: In a bowl, combine ground beef, egg, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, green onions, garlic, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Pat in to loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and spread mashed potatoes over top. Sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with barbecue sauce. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.