Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from 3Angels Broadcasting System, this is a great healthy version of baked beans.
- 3 cups great northern beans, cooked or 3 cups pinto beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce (1 8-oz. can)
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 -3 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon beef style seasoning (McKay's is good)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 cup vegetarian sausage links, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!