Recipe by B-B-Q Man
This is one of the side dishes that I used to serve when I had my Barbecue Catering business. It can feed a large crowd.
Top Review by breezermom
I cut this down substantially to serve 4, but it still turned out wonderfully. Of course, now I have to find a use for all those leftover canned beans! Probably another repeat of this recipe....it is delicious! I subbed pintos for the kidney beans, just a personal preference. I don't really like kidney beans. The smell while this is cooking drove everyone crazy, so its no wonder they just dug in! Thanks for sharing a yummy recipe.
- 1 lb thick cut apple-smoked bacon
- 2 large onions, medium dice
- 1 (117 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (108 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite brand
Directions See How It's Made
- bake the bacon on a sheet pan at 350 degrees until crispy.
- remove bacon and crumble it.
- on the sheet pan add the onions to the bacon drippings in a single layer and place back in the oven for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- place all of the ingredients in a large aluminum roasting pan and gently fold until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1/2 hours.