1/2 Photos of Barbecue Baked Beans (Pit Beans)
2 hrs 10 mins
B-B-Q Man's Note:
This is one of the side dishes that I used to serve when I had my Barbecue Catering business. It can feed a large crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thick cut apple-smoked bacon
- 2 large onions, medium dice
- 1 (117 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (108 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite brand
- 1bake the bacon on a sheet pan at 350 degrees until crispy.
- 2remove bacon and crumble it.
- 3on the sheet pan add the onions to the bacon drippings in a single layer and place back in the oven for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- 4place all of the ingredients in a large aluminum roasting pan and gently fold until all of the ingredients are combined.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Baked Beans (Pit Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 695.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: