Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Real Simple. DH will like this.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam or 1⁄3 cup preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, jam, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Arrange the pieces in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken. Roast, spooning the sauce over the chicken once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour.