Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I use to fix this a lot when my children were growing up. Now my daughter has a family of her own and she fixes this barbecue quite often now. It is good and simple.
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- Mix all ingredients in a heavy saucepan or skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until onion is tender.
Very nice sloppy joe! I especially liked being able to just throw in everything together and cook it up. I'm also very happy because I've been trying to figure out how to get a fine "grain" to my sloppy joe & taco meat texture, and this is finally it! :) Evidently mixing up other ingredients in with the ground beef before cooking breaks it down & makes it tender with small "crumbles"! Thank you, BJTAILLIGHTS!!