Recipe by Dawn
Basically this is a sloppy joe in a biscuit cup, topped with cheese. This is the latest favorite recipe floating around our hospital unit. Mostly because it is a favorite of our little picky eaters and it is easy & quick.
Top Review by Sidd
Good recipe. Great kid pleaser. Easyto make, compact and neat to eat. I will make it again, but I will tweak it more to my family's taste. I also used more cheese than the recipe called for. Overall a good recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can flakey biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or spray with cooking spray.
- You will only need 10 of the muffin cups.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, onion, and brown sugar.
- Cook to blend in flavors@ 5 minutes.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 rounds.
- Place biscuit rounds in muffin cups and press firmly in bottom and up sides of muffin pan and form a 1/4 inch rim.
- Spoon mixture evenly into biscuit lined muffin cup and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute.