Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Basically this is a sloppy joe in a biscuit cup, topped with cheese. This is the latest favorite recipe floating around our hospital unit. Mostly because it is a favorite of our little picky eaters and it is easy & quick.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can flakey biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or spray with cooking spray.
- You will only need 10 of the muffin cups.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, onion, and brown sugar.
- Cook to blend in flavors@ 5 minutes.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 rounds.
- Place biscuit rounds in muffin cups and press firmly in bottom and up sides of muffin pan and form a 1/4 inch rim.
- Spoon mixture evenly into biscuit lined muffin cup and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute.
Good recipe. Great kid pleaser. Easyto make, compact and neat to eat. I will make it again, but I will tweak it more to my family's taste. I also used more cheese than the recipe called for. Overall a good recipe.
Quick and easy! The kids couldn't get enough. Thanks.
This was a great, fun recipe! Next time I'll let my son help me put the biscuits in the muffin pan. I used an 8 pack of jumbo flaky biscuits I bought on a whim, and the barbecue sauce was Sticky Fingers original. I also used one medium onion because I had nothing dried. The biscuits were easy to form into the muffin cups, and the biscuits baked perfectly in 15 minutes. This was served with corn on the cob, and it was a perfect summer treat. Thanks!