Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe out of the "Fix it and Forget it" cookbook. I never would have thought to use cheddar cheese soup but trust me, it works! This is such an easy way to use up leftover ham. This recipe is easily halved if needed.
- 4 lbs potatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked ham, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- Layer potatoes, ham, and onions in very large slow cooker.
- Combine soup and water. Pour over layers in pot.
- Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
This recipe is super easy to make, and very tasty! I did add sliced onions on top of the ham, reducing the 3 Tbsp of minced onion to only 1Tbsp. Turned out great! Will be making this again!