Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The simplest, most elegant side dish ever. This the best way to impress company without any extra effort. My family and guest loves these potatoes when I fix them. You can substitute 1 teaspoon dried rosemary for the fresh. ENJOY
- 12 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut in wedges
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small sauce pan or in microwave, melt butter.
- Stir oil into the butter,before pouring mixture into GLASS baking dish.
- Place the potatoes into the GLASS baking dish, and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
These potatoes were great! i took sharon123's advice and left the foil off for the last 10 minutes and also stired them around. They were so tender and tasty!! I was worried that the oil and the butter would be too much- but it wasnt. We will be having them again soon!! Thanks for sharing!
This is a great recipe but I had to cook my potatoes much longer than what was recommended by the recipe. Next time I will try cooking them at 425 instead of 375. I think that 375 may be a bit low for roasting potatoes. The seasoning was very nice, thanks for posting.
The dish was very good. I added garlic with the spices and sprinkled with parmesan when it was done. Only problem was the time was way off. I did 30 min at 375 and then bumped it up to 425 for the last 10 min with my asparagus, and the potatoes were still not cooked all the way. Since all my food was done I had to throw them in the mircrowave for 5 min to finish cooking.