Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this on a whim. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Make sure the potatoes and onions are sliced thin or they may not be cooked to your liking. Enjoy :) Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large red potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cheese, shredded, I used a Mexican blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Rinse chicken breasts and set aside.
- Combine sour cream and onion mix as indicated on package.
- Combine 1 cup sour cream/onion mixture with 1 cup milk; stir until mixed well.
- Pour mixture in a large zipper top baggie; add chicken.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Take chicken out of refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before preparing recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice potatoes and onion.
- Place potatoes and onion in a medium sized bowl; toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese.
- Place the potato mixture in a large baking dish.
- Put the Panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Take the chicken out of the sour cream mixture, wiping off the excess as you go.
- Press into Panko bread crumbs until fully coated on both sides.
- Place on top of the potato/onion mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.