Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
Hi Nick.... Here is the recipe for my meatloaf. I love you, Mom. A request from my son in Australia Edit: If you want to make small loaves, I would suggest basting a bit less of the chili sauce and brown sugar on the top :)
Top Review by Outta Here
A good, basic recipe, but a bit lacking in flavor, to us. I think I would add the chili sauce to the mix (cut down milk a bit) and just bake it in the pan instead of freeform, and skip the topping. But meatloaf was moist. made for Spring 2012 PAC game.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line loaf pan, 9X5X3,with waxed paper.
- In large bowl, mix beef, onion and oats with hands.
- In small bowl combine eggs,milk,salt,parsley,savory leaves and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into meat mixture and mix well with hands.
- Pat firmly into prepared pan.
- Mixture will be wet.
- Invert loaf into an ungreased baking pan 13X9X2 inches.
- Carefully remove waxed paper.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Mix chili sauce and brown sugar; brush over top and sides of loaf.
- Bake an additional 45 minutes to one hour, brushing occasionally.
- 8 servings.