1/4 Photos of Barbara's Flank Steak Dinner
This became "Barbara's" after some tweaking of a recipe in "Monday to Friday Cookbook" by Michele Urvater, when friends starting asking for "your" flank steak dinner. It is one of my favorite meals. Good microwave-reheated for lunch too . Take the slices of rare to medium rare steak off, then microwave veggies and rice, return steak slices. The hot rice and veggies warm up the thin steak slices without over-cooking them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle salt on bottom of heavy skillet.
- 2Heat about 1 minute; add steak and cook over fairly high heat about 3 minutes per side for medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes per side for a larger steak.
- 3Remove steak from skillet; season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4Off the heat, add the butter to the skillet.
- 5Add the peppers and mushrooms; saute over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 6Add the water, cover and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- 7Add the corn and scallions; cover and cook another 3 or 4 minutes.
- 8Uncover and reduce until there is just enough liquid to moisten the vegetables.
- 9Thinly slice meat, across the grain, at a 45-degree angle.
- 10To serve, put cooked rice on plate or in a wide bowl; add vegetables; add slices of steak.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbara's Flank Steak Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 47.2 g