Recipe by rickoholic83
I received this recipe from my best friend. It's so simple and tastes SO good! I serve it as a side to "Bobby Flay's Chinese Chicken Salad W/ Red Chile Peanut Dressing"
Top Review by MonsoonLiza
This is exactly what I needed for a pool party potluck this afternoon. I made it earlier today and it gets better the longer it is in the fridge. I know it will be a hit with my friends so thank you so much for sharing your very easy and delicious recipe.
I have to add this comment: I think that people, like you, who share their recipes with others are very kind. When a user adds to a recipe and sends in recommendations that is nice, too. But when a user destroys an Asian salad with olive oil, then complains that her family wouldn't eat it and says something is wrong with your recipe that is just rude and ignorant. Or maybe it is ignorant and rude. I can't decide which she is more of.
It's a very good recipe and thank you!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb vermicelli or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hot chili oil, less if you don't want too much heat
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 cup carrot, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine liquids thoroughly with the sugar.
- Whisk thoroughly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add sauce to cooked noodles and mix with hands until they are evenly coated.
- I refrigerate the salad for a few hours and mix periodically to allow the sauce to absorb into the noodles.
- Before serving, add sesame seeds, carrots and green onions. Toss and serve.