Recipe by chilepepper1231
This recipe is from my mother-in-law Barbara. It is a staple at all our family holiday get-togethers. I prefer the cubed hash browns, but either way it is really great.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns (shredds or cubes)
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw hash browns for at least one hour.
- Heat half& half, butter and cheeses over low heat until melted.
- Pour over potatoes and mix lightly.
- Pour into greased oblong baking dish, let stand 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour or until browned and bubbly.