Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on line by Barbara, of Alma Del Sol. She has proven so very effective that she wants to get the word out. I haven't tried it yet but I'm on my way to buy the ingredients. I changed the calculations so it can be printed here on zaar. Barbara if you see it's wrong please by all means correct me!
- 16 drops tea tree oil (Germicidal)
- 2 drops myrrh oil (Germicidal/anti- inflammatory/astringent)
- 1 drop clove oil (REALLY germicidal)
- 1 drop cardamon oil (Keeps plaque from sticking, honest)
- Put 2 drops on toothbrush with toothpaste and brush as usual, or use in an irrigation device or put 2 drops in a shotglass full of water and use as a mouthwash (try not to swallow, but it won't hurt you if you do).
I found this exact recipe on one of my favorite sites for aromatherapy and essential oil recipes. I ordered a tiny bottle of cardamom EO just to try this out. I put the 2 drops on my toothbrush and while it is not the most pleasant taste in the world... really works, IMO. My teeth feel much smoother and cleaner... also leaves my mouth feeling fresher. I had all the EO's on hand so I decided to give it a try anyway... Thanks for sharing!
Not exactly the tastiest thing I've ever experienced, but my mouth feels very fresh and clean. I added a drop of peppermint as well and I will be using this regularly. Thanks Rita!