Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was in one of the Toronto newspapers a few years back. They had a lot of celebrity recipes published but this one appealed to me.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Blend butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture.
- Stir in oats, vanilla and chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- This recipe makes about 6 dozen cookies.
This is very similar to another recipe Ive rated on here, still a five star one at that. These are delicious! Love the chewy texture and the mix of chocolate chips and oats.
I made a batch of these over the weekend and they practically "flew" out of the cookie jar. In a hurry, I forgot to check that I had enough of all the ingredients--I didn't! So I ended up using 1 cup of muesli for the second cup of oatmeal. It worked just fine -- perhaps added a bit more fiber! Thanks for posting this recipe!
I love oatmeal cookies but had never tried them with chocolate chips. These were so yummy and very easy. I think I like these better than those with raisins in them. Soft and chewy, just the way we like them. Thanks :)