Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk or 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Position rack in lower 1/3 of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and shallots together.
- Stir in seasonings and cook 2 minutes until liquid is evaporated.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs with milk or cream and beat well.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and pour into pie crust.
- Bake until filling is puffed, set and starting to brownabout 35 to 45 minutes.
Outstanding. This is by far the very best mushroom quiche I've ever had. The seasoning is perfect, and the amount of mushrooms is amazing. Mushroom lovers rejoice. Made as written, and it fit into the store bought frozen pie shell. This is the only recipe I'll use from now on. Thanks Lane, for the Perfect quiche.
This quiche is full of wonderful flavor! It is so simple to put together. It would be delicious for breakfast or brunch - company worthy. I made it exactly as stated and it turned out beautifully in 35 minutes. Made for Election Eats 2008 tag game.
I was looking for a quiche without cheese just to help lower the fat content. I found this to fit the bill. I made mine crustless and used coconut oil instead of butter, and coconut milk instead of the dairy suggested. It came out beautifully. When cooking it this way, it feeds 4 nicely.