Recipe by Lane
Top Review by Marietta Mary Lou
Very well flavored and well received. Unfortunately I had no basil, but upped the other herbs a bit. And canned evaporated milk worked perfectly. Next time I might try "herbs de Provence" for an entirely different taste. This is a really good recipe, very adaptable, and easy to make.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk or 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in lower 1/3 of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and shallots together.
- Stir in seasonings and cook 2 minutes until liquid is evaporated.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs with milk or cream and beat well.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and pour into pie crust.
- Bake until filling is puffed, set and starting to brownabout 35 to 45 minutes.