Recipe by Kim D.
I found this recipe, from our former first lady, in the local newspaper a few years ago.
Top Review by Pneuma
These are superb! One of the best says DH. They're chewy - a bit crisp outside and soft inside. The ones I left longer in the oven were not as soft but they were still very good! DH was scooping them right off the pan even if I told them they still needed to be cooled. Thanks, Kim D! Made for TOTM's Election Eats Tag Game.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons very hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and grease baking sheet.
- Sift together flour, baking soda,and salt onto waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and egg until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in hot water and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended and smooth.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets placed on wire rack 1 minute, then transfer cookies from baking sheet to rack to cool.