1/2 Photos of Barbara Bush's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Kim D.'s Note:
I found this recipe, from our former first lady, in the local newspaper a few years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons very hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F and grease baking sheet.
- 2Sift together flour, baking soda,and salt onto waxed paper.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and egg until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Beat in hot water and vanilla.
- 6Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended and smooth.
- 7Stir in chocolate morsels.
- 8Drop dough by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- 9Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- 10Cool cookies on baking sheets placed on wire rack 1 minute, then transfer cookies from baking sheet to rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbara Bush's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 70.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g