Recipe by AlaskaPam
I found this on a Caribbean food blog and it sounds delicious! They are a great appetizer, or serve them as a main dish, either with a dipping sauce, or a squeeze of lemon.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 scotch bonnet pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dusting)
- 2 -3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry the cod fillets and cut them into chunks. Put them into a food proccessor and pulse a few times to chop to an even consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the flour and oil. Pulse until well mixed, scraping the sides down a few times to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Take a small spoonful at a time of the mixture and roll it into a ball in your hands, Continue with the rest of the mixture. Dust the fish balls with the flour.
- Heat the oil on medium high, and fry the fish balls a few at a time for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Drain them on paper towels and enjoy!