1/1 Photo of Barbados Shrimp Curry
1 hr 10 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Serve this recipe over Basmati rice Suggested wine: Sauvignon Blanc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined the day before
- 1/2 head celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree (or tomato sauce)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- peanuts or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1Sauté chopped celery, onion, peppers and garlic in butter in a large skillet.
- 2Remove to large pot or deep casserole and add one large can of tomato puree.
- 3Simmer until the ingredients are tender.
- 4Add curry and drop shrimp into mixture.
- 5Simmer on very low heat for a few minutes.
- 6Add all other ingredients and cook for about 20-30 minutes until thoroughly blended and well heated.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbados Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.4
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 367.1 mg
- Sodium 1655.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce