Recipe by Mme M
From Treasures of My Caribbean Kitchen, by Anne-Marie Whittaker. This sauce will guide you to make mouth-watering Barbadian dishes, such as fried fish. Hot!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 2 ounces thyme
- 2 ounces parsley
- 1 lb onion
- 5 ounces green onions
- 2 ounces marjoram
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers or 4 habaneros
- 4 ounces garlic
- 1⁄2 ounce ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the thyme and marjoram and place in a blender with vinegar. Liquefy.
- Place the onions, green onions, parsley, peppers and garlic in a food processor and process for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Blend this together with the seasoned vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the salt, Worcestershire sauce, ground clove and black pepper.
- Bottle and refrigerate.
- Leave it to stand for one week, before using as required.
- Will keep 6 months.