Kim D.'s Note:
I have not tried this recipe yet, but I'm posting it for ZWT III (Caribbean Catagory). This recipe looks realy good and I hope to try it soon. This recipe comes from a cookbook titled, "Jim Walker's Cooking in Barbados".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tops off each bell pepper and remove the stalks leaving the tops intact.
- 2Remove the seeds and rinse peppers.
- 3Trim just a little bit of the bottom of the peppers so that they will stand securely in the baking dish.
- 4In a bowl, mix together: shrimp, rice, tomatoes, onions, garlic, parsley, thyme, banana, and lime juice.
- 5Fill each pepper with filling and place in the baking dish.
- 6Top the tops back on the peppers and pour the chicken stock in the baking dish.
- 7Cover with foil and bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbados Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 166.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: