1/2 Photos of Barbadian Coconut Sweet Bread
1 hr 20 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Taste of the Caribbean. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2grease 2 1-lb loaf pans or 1 2-lb pan.
- 3place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and sift in all of the flour.
- 4rub ingredients together with your fingertips till the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 5add the coconut, mixed spice, vanilla, rum, eggs and milk.
- 6mix together well with your hands.
- 7if the mixture is too dry, add more milk.
- 8knead on a floured board till firm and pliable.
- 9halve the mixture and place in loaf pans.
- 10glaze with sugared water and bake for about 1 hour, till skewer inserted into loaf comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbadian Coconut Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2163.5
- Calories from Fat 880
- Total Fat 97.7 g
- Saturated Fat 63.7 g
- Cholesterol 405.9 mg
- Sodium 751.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 279.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 82.5 g
- Protein 37.4 g