Recipe by Neta
Posted for a recipe request, I have not made this yet. It's from Tambrey's Recipes. I'm guessing at the amount of servings.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This is great and this is the recipe I use too. I cut the peppercorns to 1 tablespoon otherwise it tastes too peppery and I love pepper! I also add sugar and lime juice into the tomato sauce mixture to tone the heat a bit. Sometimes I'll add a can of rotel in there too. Also I make sure I use California chili powder because it's much more mild than the New Mexico .Wonderful recipe!
- 3 lbs chuck roast or 3 lbs rump roast
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 15 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2 lb green chili, roasted, skinned & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crockpot, combine the roast, garlic, bay leaves, apple cider vinegar, chopped onion, and whole black pepper.
- Cook for a minimum of 6 hours or until meat falls apart. Cool meat and shred. Remove broth from crockpot and strain.
- Add meat back to crockpot, then add the tomato sauce, chili powder, green chilies and jalapeno juice. Stir in enough of the cooking broth to keep moist and cook 2 more hours.
- Serve with flour tortillas and roll them like burritos.