Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is simple and delicious. My friend Barb gets all the credit!
Make and share this Barb’s Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 cups red lentils or 2 cups orange lentils, washed
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large pot and bring to boil.
- Add carrots and lentils and return to boiling.
- Lower heat to medium and cook until lentils and carrots are soft.
- Sautée onion in olive oil until medium brown, then add to soup.
This turned out good. I cut the recipe in half and added diced celery to the soup. The cumin really gives it a good taste. We ate it for lunch all weekend. Thanks.