Angela Sara's Note:
Take care!! These Middle Eastern sesame cookies are addictive, especially if you make them really small, about 1-2 inch round, so easy to pop into your mouth!! They are served with sweet Turkish coffee or hot tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a mixer, cream together the eggs, ghee and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift together the baking powder, flour, semolina and salt.
- 4Add this to the egg mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 5Add enough warm milk to form a soft dough.
- 6In a separate bowl, mix together the sesame seeds and honey.
- 7Cut dough into small'walnut-sized' pieces.
- 8Dip each ball into the chopped pistachios, then flatten to form a 2 inch round cookie.
- 9Place each cookie on a greased sheet.
- 10Cover each cookie with a drizzle of the sesame seed and honey mixture.
- 11Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barazek
Serving Size: 1 (1330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 30.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g