Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Take care!! These Middle Eastern sesame cookies are addictive, especially if you make them really small, about 1-2 inch round, so easy to pop into your mouth!! They are served with sweet Turkish coffee or hot tea.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixer, cream together the eggs, ghee and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the baking powder, flour, semolina and salt.
- Add this to the egg mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add enough warm milk to form a soft dough.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sesame seeds and honey.
- Cut dough into small'walnut-sized' pieces.
- Dip each ball into the chopped pistachios, then flatten to form a 2 inch round cookie.
- Place each cookie on a greased sheet.
- Cover each cookie with a drizzle of the sesame seed and honey mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.