Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from the Bar-T-5 in Jackson, Wyoming. They do a big chuck wagon dinner every night. Their baked beans are fantastic, and they gave me the recipe. Here it is.
- 28 3⁄4 lbs canned baked beans
- 3 lbs bacon
- 6 onions
- 6 green peppers
- 3 red peppers
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups molasses
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce, Choulupa
- 3 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- Dice onions and saute.
- cook bacon and crumble; drain all grease.
- Add diced peppers and the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer low until done.
We had these beans when we attended the Bar-T-5 chuckwagon dinner this summer. They are fantastic! My daughter will only eat these chuckwagon beans! The pineapple makes the recipe!