Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a simple way to transform an ordinary bowl of nuts into something your guests will find tantalizing. The nuts are sauteed with aromatic spices and combined with cubed, dried pineapple. They can be made in large batches well in advance and make a wonderful gift!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 lb whole pecans
- 1⁄3 lb whole almond
- 1⁄3 lb whole cashews
- 3 dried pineapple rings, cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the cayenne, Cajun seasoniing, cumin, and sugar and stir until the butter begins to foam.
- Immediately add the nuts, stirring or tossing constantly for about 3 minutes, or until the nuts are well toasted and lightly coloured.
- Pour the nuts onto a wire rack, placed over a baking sheet.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the nuts to a mixing bowl and toss them with the dried pineapple.
- Season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.