Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple but elegant recipe. I've had a long time but never made.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup light cream, plus
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in sherry and lobster meat; set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoon butter, stir in flour, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream mixed with eggs yolks and beaten lightly .
- Add wine and lobster meat to the sauce and stir constantly over very low heat until smooth and thick.
- Do not allow to boil or sauce may curdle.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Transfer lobster meat to a deep dish pie plate
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs mixed with paprika, top with grated cheese, and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until browned.