Recipe by LARavenscroft
I found this recipe in a Gooseberry Patch Christmas Craft Book. It was submitted by Jean Hayes of LaPorte, TX (need to give credit where credit is due). This pie was absolutely wonderful! You can use fresh or frozen cranberries. If you use frozen, don't thaw them. Also, for those of you who need to avoid wheat, this can be made with Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour.
Top Review by vlunceford
I added thinly sliced Granny Smith apples; however, there seemed to be a lot of crust and not enough filling for my taste. Also, the crust was too thick to spread easily over the fruit so I added a bit of milk. Next time I will likely make a regular crust for my pie instead. The flavor was very good but I just prefer less crust.
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter a 9" glass pie plate.
- Spread cranberries over bottom.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup sugar and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add remaining one cup sugar; mix well.
- Blend in flour, butter, and shortening, beating well after each addition.
- Pour over cranberries.
- Bake a 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.