Recipe by Jamie Lynne
Delicious & Simple!
Top Review by RSL
These are really sweet! Very good, though. My only complaint is the baking time - mine were only in for 1 hour and the bottom is kind of burnt. I think next time I'll decrease the baking time to 50 minutes and see if that helps. I left out the nuts because I don't like them and doubled the chocolate chips. Yum - but super rich!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar (1 lb)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cake mix briefly with the egg and butter, until just blended.
- Press into 9 x 13 inch pan, lightly coated with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle the nuts and chocolate chips on top and lightly press into first layer.
- Beat together confectioner's sugar, eggs, and cream cheese.
- Spoon over top, spreading mixture evenly to edges.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until top is puffed and as brownded as you like.
- Cool and cut into bars.