Cook1 hr 10 mins
Delicious & Simple!
Make and share this Bar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Beat the cake mix briefly with the egg and butter, until just blended.
- Press into 9 x 13 inch pan, lightly coated with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle the nuts and chocolate chips on top and lightly press into first layer.
- Beat together confectioner's sugar, eggs, and cream cheese.
- Spoon over top, spreading mixture evenly to edges.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until top is puffed and as brownded as you like.
- Cool and cut into bars.
These are really sweet! Very good, though. My only complaint is the baking time - mine were only in for 1 hour and the bottom is kind of burnt. I think next time I'll decrease the baking time to 50 minutes and see if that helps. I left out the nuts because I don't like them and doubled the chocolate chips. Yum - but super rich!
I made this recipe (almost) when in a big hurry for a desert. I did not add the cream cheese mixture, just the chips and nuts on top and baked for 25 minutes in an 11x15 pan. Also, I used a chocolate cake mix and peanut butter chips. They are very good and make a nice big batch. A very versatile recipe, thanks.
Loved this recipe. Made it for our treat at work and everyone loved them and can't wait until I make some more. All I can say is awesome and easy to make.