Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend shared this with me last year. I have made a batch a month since then. It is an adaptation of a famous restaurants signature cheese. Everyone likes it. It makes a great present. It will keep for extended periods when refrigerated but mine has never lasted more than a week. Enjoy.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the Velveeta.
- Add the jar of horseradish and mix.
- Allow this to heat on low for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the mayo, Worcestershire, and Tabasco.
- Mix and allow to heat another 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Cool slightly and pour into 4 or 5 containers.
- Serve on your choice of crackers.
Very good! Velveeta flavor was very strong, but I only had a 5oz jar of horseradish. I did increase the tabasco and worcestershire sauces to make up for my horseradish shortage. I was distracted during melting and the bottom browned slightly so I had little brown pieces in my cheese. It did not effect the flavor. My family assumed that it was bacon and I didn't tell them any different. Oh well, maybe I'll leave out the "bacon" next time.
I followed the recipe to the letter. Than I had to add more stuff because I like spicey. I added 2 tablespoons of SRIRACHA sauce to the end product and stirred it in. FANTASTIC so I added one more tablespoon and a ton a cracked black pepper to the top of each container. Many compliments. Thanks for a really good recipe. This will be in my gift baskets this Christmas.
My mom "has never cared for horseradish" and LOVED this! I want to stop people on the street and tell them about your bar cheese. Very good with pretzels.