Recipe by teresas
I've had this recipe for years...and every time I make it someone wants the recipe...it's really easy and tasty.
Top Review by rosie316
Just to say ahead, this rating and review is strickly based on hubby's approval (I do not eat beans). That said, he loved them! I did cut the batch in half since he was the only one eating them. I served this along with Recipe #439463, and he decided to spoon some over his hotdog. This was super simple and inexpensive to make. I plan to make a full batch next time to take up to our cabin when we go with the kids and grandkids (per hubby's request). Thank you for posting. (Made for PRMR) I forgot to mention, I didn't bother with the crock pot. I simply made it all in a Dutch oven and lightly simmered on a stove top burner (stirring often). Thanks again.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans (drained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat.
- Remove ground beef leaving the dripping in pan.
- Add to crock pot with tomato sauce and pork and beans.
- Stir well.
- Brown onion in drippings with minced garlic.
- Add to crock pot.
- Add the mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Let simmer for 2 hours in crock pot.