Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've had this recipe for years...and every time I make it someone wants the recipe...it's really easy and tasty.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans (drained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat.
- Remove ground beef leaving the dripping in pan.
- Add to crock pot with tomato sauce and pork and beans.
- Stir well.
- Brown onion in drippings with minced garlic.
- Add to crock pot.
- Add the mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Let simmer for 2 hours in crock pot.
Just to say ahead, this rating and review is strickly based on hubby's approval (I do not eat beans). That said, he loved them! I did cut the batch in half since he was the only one eating them. I served this along with Recipe #439463, and he decided to spoon some over his hotdog. This was super simple and inexpensive to make. I plan to make a full batch next time to take up to our cabin when we go with the kids and grandkids (per hubby's request). Thank you for posting. (Made for PRMR) I forgot to mention, I didn't bother with the crock pot. I simply made it all in a Dutch oven and lightly simmered on a stove top burner (stirring often). Thanks again.