1 hr 15 mins
A recipe from the Bar-B Tavel Plaza in Black River Falls, Minn. When I try this recipe I think I will leave out the food coloring. Don't think it needs it as it is only for asthetic reasons. Prep and cook times are estimates at they were not listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a 2 gallon soup pot, combine water and chicken base. Heat to mix. Add onion, celery, carrots and chicken. Add food coloring and bring to a boil. Continue to boil while making the dumplings.
- 2To make dumplings, gradually add flour and salt to beaten eggs, mixing with wooden spoon. Continue to add flour until firm yet sticky dough forms.
- 3When vegetables are tender, transfer dumpling dough to plate. With plate near boiling pot, cut off bits of dough that are the size of small eggs with large serving spoon. Drop into broth.
- 4Cook until dumplings float to the top.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bar-B- Travel Plaza Chicken Dumpling Soup
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow food coloring