Recipe by dojemi
Prepare a day ahead for easier slicing. Be sure to slice across the grain. To reheat, place in microwaveable dish, top with sauce and heat on high for 3-5 minutes or till warmed, or warm in the oven @ 350 degrees till sauce is bubbly. NOTE: I have also used a bottom round roast in place of the brisket (see photo). Any flavor bar-b-que sauce works well but Kraft Honey is delish!
Top Review by Debbie R.
I made this in the crockpot with a Kraft honey BBQ sauce. The flavor is outstanding. I can only think that it will be even better made stovetop so that the sauce reduces a more; can't wait until cool weather to try again. As for prep, it is SO simple.
- 5 lbs beef brisket or 5 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 18 ounces orange juice
- 4 large onions (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sear brisket on all sides in a small amount of oil.
- Add the onions and cook till onions are browned (careful not to burn).
- Pour bottle of bar-b-que sauce over the roast.
- Fill empty sauce bottle with orange juice and pour over top of roast.
- Turn heat down to low and cook till knife goes through easily (approximately 4 hours for a 5# roast).