Recipe by ann hugo
Another great recipe from my little red book--Fireman's Fire house Cook book. I have used this barbecue sauce for everything--even take a bottle with us on vacation. It tastes great on everything--any meat--you will love this one. You also can make it as mild or hot as you like--a wonderful sauce.
Top Review by Chef - C.D.M. - C.F.P.P.
I have been a chef for over 30 years and when I tried this sauce it blew me away! 2 small changes I made were to hold back the Tobasco until the end and instead of bouillon cubes I used Tone Beef Base from Sam's Club (6 tsps.) and it worked fantastic. Instead of thickening it with cornstarch at the end I used two extra tablespoons of Brown Sugar and then I used the Tobasco to taste. This Recipe definately goes into the Family Cookbook!!
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1 cup white vinegar or 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ReaLemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan add mustard and slowly add vinegar with a whisk keeping mustard from being lumpy.
- Then add rest of ingredients, stirring until smooth; let simmer for 2 hours stirring often.
- To thicken sauce you can add cornstarch.
- Tou can store sauce in a clean mustard bottle and put in frig.
- Will keep about a year in frig.